Sunday, June 29, 2014

January 24

1/24
Last night I had the idea that Christopher wouldn't contact me for a while because our conversation got too deep last night. But just like clockwork he sent me a text a few minutes past nine today. I'm part of his schedule now – he drinks cheap wine and chats with me while browsing Facebook because he has no friends in Queens. I'm just like a “Talk to a Virtual Co-Ed” Smartphone app. Except I have feelings.


Christopher is a normal healthy human male who enjoys making friends and being social – the complete opposite of my experience. Trying to deal with him with nothing but Marie Claire for help is like being stuck in a foreign country with no knowledge of the language except a page torn from a WWI phrasebook. The page about something archaic and useless, like sending telegrams.

Anyway, we're set to Skype tomorrow. He said he wouldn't tell his Barcelona stories via text.

No comments:

Post a Comment