Sunday, June 29, 2014

January 27

1/27

I asked Rosa to brunch today because I had to talk to someone about the conversations I've been having with Christopher, because I've never talked to anyone like that before. But when I brought him up it was clear she didn't really want to hear about him, so we discussed classes and women in the workforce for an hour while I worked through an enormous plate of pineapple and cottage cheese.


In the evening Christopher sent me a picture of a pretty outdoor skating rink somewhere in Brooklyn. “If it's still cold and I'm still here when you come down from college, I'll take you skating,” he said. If he's still there. This is what it feels like to be one of those forlorn farmer's daughters in cowboy TV shows - “When will I see you again, [hero's name]?” But if she's just an extra, far from the payscale that would allow for multiple-episode appearances. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment