Friday, June 27, 2014

January 17

1/17

I remember now why I decided to go to a women's college. Heterosexual infatuation is a crippling, consuming disease. No matter what I do, I can't get Christian out of my head. I've tried everything. Last night I even tried asking him out, sort of.

When Teresa visited Radcliffe in December, she spent most of the time talking not about charity and the struggle of rural Filipinos but about dating. Tania and Jessica were really into that topic, but I mostly tuned it out and ate as many slices of novelty sushi rolls as I could fit into my stomach. There is one thing Teresa said that I remember, though: “If you see someone you're interested in across a room, you have to go up to him and tell him. You'll never find out where that could go unless you try.” So I did.

I looked at the Met's season calendar and saw that Jonas Kaufmann, their curliest-haired tenor, would be starring in Werther while I'm home for spring break. I texted Christopher to ask him if he'd be interested in “taking advantage of my student discount” to see it.

Two minutes later I got a response: “Pardon my French, but hell yeah! I would love to see that with you!” Then we had a strange conversation about opera and passion until I fell asleep quite pleased with myself.


That was fun, but it really didn't help. I still can't get him out of my head. At least I'll be heading back to school in a few days so I'll have classes to distract me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment