Sunday, June 29, 2014

January 28

1/28

Tonight Filipina Club met in the “lounge” - an unused club office crammed with discarded plush furniture and bookshelves. There was a new member, a really pretty half-Filipino sophomore named Bella, so Chair Casey had us go around and say our names and “one good thing that happened that day.” I couldn't think of anything, so Tania nudged me and said, “You got a text, didn't you?”

I had. Christopher had acquired a copy of Spike Jonze's movie Her, which is still in theaters, in some mildly sketchy way. He asked me if I wanted to watch it with him via Livestream. The only Spike Jonze movie I've ever seen is Where the Wild Things Are, which gave me the impression that his stuff is hipster conceit and not much else, but I said I would. We set the date for tomorrow. “Our first movie,” he wrote.


I live a strange life.

No comments:

Post a Comment